Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Florida Living



I love living in Florida.
I love the tropics.
I love the sun.
I love heat.
I even love humidity.
I know.

What you might not know is
just across the river from us
is a little town we used to live in.

It used to be (years and years ago)
a pineapple plantation!

This is a great climate for pineapples.

Last year I bought a pineapple.
And just for fun I put the top in my garden.
It grew a lovely green plant.

But that was it.
I was disappointed.
And I ignored it.

Last night I happened out the front door.
We are backdoor people.
We NEVER use the front door.
Mostly because it’s broken.
We don’t have a key for the lock.
And even if its unlocked, you can’t open it
from the outside anyway.

If the front doorbell rings,
you know it’s someone you don’t know.
And likely don’t want to see.

But now that we have electric fence
around the entire property,
even THAT doesn’t happen anymore.
(We are SO friendly!)

Anyhow.
I happened out the front door.

And look what I found???
 

Also… just for fun.
Here is a gratuitous photo of the sunrise
this morning on the way in to work.
 

Pretty, eh?
Looking out over the river
not the ocean.
The ocean is another mile east.

Jealous yet?
LOL


No comments: