Sunday, July 7, 2013

Finished

Aaaaah.

The Sabbath is for resting, rejuvenating, recharging.
Other stuff too - but that's what I'm focusing on today.

They changed Rod's hours at work a couple of weeks ago.
Which is a good thing over all.
But makes it impossible to go to church with our regular ward (congregation).

Church starts at 12:00.
(We share our building with another ward - we are on the afternoon shift this year.)

He has to be at the truck by 1:00. 
And the truck is nearly an hour away from the house.

So we went to the early session.
We lived in this other ward for years and years.
It was the ward we belonged to when Rod was baptised.
We have lots of friends here.

It starts at 9:30.
We had time to feed all the animals
shower
dress
and still be early!

Then we stopped by Jim and Sabrina's on the way home.
Rod hadn't had a chance to see their new place yet.
So it was nice to stop by and get a quick tour and visit.

Then home for him to change while I made him a quick hot dog, 
baked beans and jalapeno potato chip lunch.

Then he headed off to work.
Kyle took a nap.
And I FINISHED the afghan I have been working on,
off and on, 
for MONTHS.

I actually finished it several months ago.
But then I found another skein of the yarn.
And after using it, I decided it wasn't long enough.

So I added to it.
And finished it this afternoon.


It is actually between celery and sage.
A very soft green.


See?

It's single wide and nice and long.
Wraps around my toes and all the way up to my neck.

Super soft.
I love it.

But now I don't know what to do with my hands.
Guess I could write blog posts...

Actually, I'm going to paint my fingernails
and then I can't do anything with my hands.
LOL

Hope you are having a wonderful, relaxing weekend.
This is my final weekend off before a short marathon.

It's also 30 days til we fly away for vacation!
Mom and Dad's 60th wedding anniversary.
And the first family reunion.
We are all very excited.

See y'all there!

No comments: