Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Counting Down

BIG NEWS!

After 17+ years,
it's time to call it DONE.

I am going to give my notice
at my "day job" on Friday.

I'm going to keep teaching.
I love it.
And I get paid really well.
And I love it.

But my day time job has gotten
to the point where I no longer love it.
We used to be a small-ish medical
practice where the Doctors and the
support staff knew each other
and cared about each other.

Now we are a large corporation
headquartered in New York.

We have dress codes.
They measure your heels on your shoes!
(No, really!  Well, not MINE... lol)
We have to drive 30 miles up the highway.
We get a "red box" on our electronic
time card if you clock in as the time
is clicking over from 7:30 to 7:31.
You get "counselled" if you have 
"too many" red boxes.

You also get a red box if you come in early.
Or stay late.

But the biggest issue is they took half my 
job away from me and gave it to someone else.

Which means I spend pretty close to 
half my week "looking busy". 

I've always gotten high marks on my 
annual reviews because I'm fast and accurate.
We have to report the total number of
transactions done each day.
My numbers are the highest of anyone and
when I'm on vacation or working on a special
project, it takes 3 other people to cover me.

(Sounds like I'm bragging, but I'm not... it's
just how it is...)

Anyhow - they said "You can afford to lose
some numbers."

I can't......  I just can't.
I wasn't raised to not do my best.

So......

Friday I am giving 2 weeks notice.
And I'm so excited I almost can't stop smiling.

Think of me Friday!

No comments: