Thursday, September 7, 2017

Irma 9-7 Update

Good morning!


This is what we have this morning.

Right where it says Mon 2AM is where we live.
The little blinking dot behind the words.
That's the light on my house.
LOL

I feel prepared.
Yesterday I filed off my fingernails
in case I have to do a bunch of work
after the storm.
Don't want them to snap off at the cuticle.

I'm pretty sure that was the absolute LAST
thing on my "to do" list.
(grin)
(But I really did...)
(mostly because they were driving me crazy while
I was typing...)

Rod mentioned this morning we could use
a new sponge mop in case we get some water
in under the patio french doors.
They don't fit super tight.
I normally just lay some towels there.
We have a sponge mop, but we use it 
in the garage / dog room.

Get a new mop / go to Walmart vs 
lay down towels.

No contest.

Tonight Rod, Kyle and Rod's HT comp are
heading to another high council member's house
to put up his shutters.  He had back surgery this week.
Poor guy!

We are in that weird holding pattern.
Everything is ready.
(Ok, we haven't boarded up yet, but we 
still need to be able to function... only takes an hour)
So life is sort of normal - with this strange
butterfly feeling constantly in your stomach.

But we are all at work today.
SpaceX is sending up a "secret" rocket this morning.
(in about 2 hours)
I left early for work anticipating the highway being
gridlocked.  I got here so early I stopped at McD
for an egg mcmuffin!  LOL

My office is closed tomorrow.
I'll do a post - but it will have to be on Rod's computer.
I HATE posting from my iPad.
Meanwhile - we are doing well.
Keep us in your prayers, but don't panic.
We aren't.
And we really are intelligent adults.
Despite all evidence to the contrary.
(grin)

1 comment:

rktucson said...

good luck big sister! we'll be watching and praying! we are enjoying the cooler weather (than Tucson) up in pinetop this weekend.