Monday, September 18, 2017

Waterton Alpine Stables

Wow.


This is all that is left of the iconic (in my mind)
Waterton Alpine Riding Stables.

So many memories!

Rozann and I driving down and renting horses
together and riding up into the mountains for
a 3 or 4 hour (half day) ride.
Complete with a MAP!
(scariest thing EVER!)
(but super fun)

"Skinny dipping" (not exactly) in the FREEZING
mountain lake and just after we got in a troop
of Boy Scouts showing up.
So we couldn't get OUT of the water!

Reid taking me over there on the back of
his motorcycle so I could "audition" for
a job there the following summer.
(They said I was hired, but in the meantime
I got a "real" job and couldn't take 2 months
off to work in a stable for minimum wage...)
(darn it!)

Thankfully they were able to move the
horses to a safe location and nobody
(man or beast) got hurt.

But it is devastating to lose all your
buildings.

They will rebuild.
And they will love their new facility even more.
But old friends are hard to say goodbye to.

Alpine Stables
we bid you Adieu.

No comments: