Friday, August 3, 2018

Another "Busy" Weekend

It's been a busy week.
Mostly I watched Kyle work.
(grin)


Our little farm is surrounded by wooden fence.
Rod and Kyle built it years ago.
And here in the HUMID south,
it gets looking old, grey and covered in...
algae? fungus? mold?
Who knows.
But it gets looking rough.

Kyle got out there with the pressure washer
(my fingers nearly typed pressure cooker! LOL)


Wow!
Check out the difference!


It looks a GAZILLION times better!


Thanks Kyle!

*********************************************

Then he cleaned the garage.
Lots of construction debris from the tiny house build.
And, of course, lots of just "accumulation" from life
in general.
Looks much better now.
No pictures though.

*********************************************

Today he is over at Linda's city farm,
mowing her pastures.
With all the rain we've been getting lately,
the grass is growing like crazy.
I might even break out our mower and do our yard 
later on today.
Or I might wait and "let" Rod do it.
Seriously.
He loves his new mower and is kind of sad
when he doesn't get a chance to ride on it.

Our property has been SUPER wet.
Like puddles in the yard and MUD in the pastures.
I "lost" my boots several times the other day
out in the cow pasture.
It didn't rain at all yesterday,
and today it's nearly back to normal.
Still some puddles in the horse pasture,
but it's lower than most of the rest, so thats
not unusual. But it's well on its way to 
being nice and dry again.
The benefits of living on a sand bar.

And this afternoon I'm going to pack up and
head over to Tampa to spend the weekend
teaching 3 instructors how to use the new system.
(And I've downloaded a couple of new books to read...)
I'm "on" for 30 minutes at the start of class 
and again for about 15 minutes at the end.
Other than that... I'll probably sit in the next
room and read a book.
He has a fairly small room and when I was
there subbing for him a month or two ago,
it was PACKED. No room for random
"non-students". Which is ok by me.
I've heard it all before.
*grin

My mouth is feeling better.
I put Carmex on my cold sore and although
it never bubbled up, it still took a week
for it to go away.
This new one I started with Carmex and then
suddenly remembered my Trim Healthy 
Bountiful Balm. Duh!
Rubbed it in, and the next morning it
was almost totally gone!
Silly me.



I'm bringing my tin of BB with me.
On the off chance I get another one.

1 comment:

Katie said...

So, so, so pretty and green. Love the "new" fence.