Tuesday, August 21, 2018

"Working" This Week

I got a phone call on Friday
asking if I could work down at
Town Hall again this week.

The secretary was going to be out
for this entire week.
She would only need me from 10 - 2.

Sure!

I got there about 10:00 on Monday morning
and Deb (the Town Treasurer) said she forgot
that Matt, her assistant was also out
for the week and could I work a little
longer each day than we had originally planned.

Yesterday I worked from 10-4.
Work being a relative term.
Last time they had a big project 
for me to do.
This time I have been answering the phones.
They ring a couple times each hour.
Maybe.

I made some changes on a town resolution
in preparation for the town council meeting
Monday night. That took 2 minutes.

And I made a run to Chick-Fil-A for
everybody at lunch time.

Other than that - I read a book.

Today I got there at 10 again and the Town
Administrator said "Oh good! You are here!
I have a big project for you!"
Yea! I'd way rather be busy.

Turns out his big project was xeroxing
a large personnel file for an attorney
up in Orlando. It took 20 minutes.

Then he needed it mailed.
So I hopped in my truck (I drove our old
Isuzu Trooper today just for fun)
and went up the road to the Post Office
and mailed it for him.
As long as I was only 2 blocks from my house,
I stopped by and wrote a check for my farrier
who decided to change my Thursday appointment
to today. He just lets himself into the property.
The horses all know that when you open the
gate into the barn, they are supposed to go
stand in their own stalls.
It's pretty easy.
I just leave his check under a magnet on a 
metal filing cabinet we have out there.

There was a LOW flying helicopter buzzing
our property, so when I got back to Town Hall
I asked them about it. The Town Fire Chief
happened to be there and he said it was
mosquito control, dropping pellets.
Weird!
But glad they are doing something
about all the mosquitoes!
Hope it works!

I spent the rest of the day reading 
a book and listening to the roof 
sounding like it was going to cave
in on me.
We had a roofing crew there yesterday
and today putting a new roof on Town Hall.
It's an OLD building.

About 3:30 Deb came and told me she
was leaving for the day to take her dog
to the vet. Then Denine, the Building Dept
manager came by to tell me Doug (the Town
Administrator) wanted to shut down and send
everybody home because the smell of the 
roof tar was giving him a headache.

Since Deb, Denine and Doug are the only people
there, if they leave, I need to leave too!
About that time, Daryl dropped by.
He's the Code Inspector.

Incidentally, the lady I'm covering for is
DOROTHY!

Yup.
Debby, Denine, Dorothy, Doug & Daryl.

I could never work there full time.
Unless I changed my name to...
Delila?

Hahahahahaha

Anyhow.
I'm back there again tomorrow.
I've downloaded a couple of new books
to my Kindle, since its unlikely they will
have anything for me to do again.
Deb said she thought of a great project
for me, but when she got to the office
this morning, she couldn't remember what it was.
Maybe she'll remember tomorrow.

Anyhow.

That's what I've been doing this week.
Hope you have been more productive 
than I have!

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: