Sunday, August 26, 2018

Rollin' To Boulder

I'm sitting in my classroom.
My students are reviewing Chapter 5.
I am BORED.

I pulled out my laptop and wished
Moana a Happy Birthday.

And then I checked
the weather for this weekend in
BOULDER COLORADO.

80's with 50% Humidity.

HEAVEN!!!!!

And why do I care?

Cuz Nancy and I are taking a
"spur of the moment, spontaneous,
we can cuz we are OLD are OLD 
people do stuff like this"
trip.

To Boulder!

Totally random.
Cuz the south is NASTY in August.

We were actually going to meet
in Boise since Rozann loved it there...

We were both flying through Denver
in order to get there, so we decided
to just meet in DENVER!
And then Nanc found a lovely little
Air BnB in Boulder,
so we decided, why not?

I'm not excited AT ALL!

Except for dreaming about it
every. single. night.

We have no plans.
Except our little place is a one bedroom
with no kitchen.

So we are going to eat out.

And it has a pretty little stream.
So we are going to sit out.

And it's very close to the hiking trails.
So we might walk out.

We are both bringing our Kindles.
We might read out.

Or we might nap.
Or we might sketch.
Or we might talk.
Or we might shop.
Or we might.... who knows???

I can't wait!

This has been an awesome year!

I got to spend an amazing weekend with Soni and her girls
and then I got to hit Tucson and visit
Mom and Dad
and Sondra came
 and Rozann and Greg and their kids 
and Nancy and Reid and their kids and grands,
and even GARY was there!
(First time since Sundance!)

And now another weekend with Nancy.

This whole retired thing is amazing!
Never before have I had the kind of time
it takes to travel and spend time with the people I love.
I highly recommend it!

Hopefully I remember to take a bunch of pictures.
Which I will share when I get back.

But first I have to go teach my students
some more insurance stuff.


1 comment:

rktucson said...

Awesome posts - I am finally catching up on all of them! Sounds like you and Nancy had a wonderful time - I love that you had a wonderful time "Prepping" for it as well! The "planning and looking forward to" of the adventure is almost as fun as the adventure itself in my opinion.
Also, I stole your post for dad's birthday and posted it on FaceBook since I think there are lots of folks who love dad who would love to see it! Thanks!!!