Thursday, August 16, 2018

I Swear All We Do Is Drive

Today found me back on the road again.
This time I took our black truck
(Rod usually drives it, so today he drove the Trooper)
and headed up to our feed mill.

It's a nice drive.
Only 80 miles one way.
Which is just a short hop.
When you figure over the weekend I drove
to Tampa and back.
150 miles one way.

And tomorrow I'm heading down to West Palm.
A 110 mile trip.

And of course the ranch is 200 miles.
(Kyle came home today... he has
been up there since Monday.)
He tried camping, now he is doing
the "hotel thing".
Showers and actual beds are good things!

So 80 miles feels like a short hop!

I had a good book to listen to on tape.
Read by a lady with a strong English accent.
So I've been thinking / talking in "English"
all day long!

Listening to books sure makes the miles
go by more quickly.

Also, when I was done picking up the feed,
Sondra called and we had a nice visit for
a couple of minutes while I was in the drive-thru
ordering some lunch for the road home.

The guys at the feed mill are really sweet.
I just pull my truck in and somebody
comes out and backs it into the loading bay
for me. It's better for their loading bay
and my tailgate that way.


It appears I'm not the only one with
backing issues....

No comments: