Friday, August 31, 2018

My Dad

Today is my Dad’s birthday.
Never mind how old he is.
He is timeless.

He is my foundation.
And my example.

He is firm and unshakable in his love.
For his wife.
For his children.
For his family.
For his Gospel.

And yet he continues to grow.
To reach out to experience new things
new places
new methods
new ideas.

He doesn’t let anything slow him down.
Ok, we are ALL getting a bit slower,
but that’s not a bad thing.
Taking a moment to reflect, 
to enjoy,
to remember,
to imagine the possibilities.

He taught me to reach out.
With my mind,
with my heart,
with my talents.
Always expanding,
always learning,
always loving.

You can choose your path.
You can walk it with eagerness,
and confidence,
and with compassion.
Always looking up.
To our Father,
to the possibilities,
to the beauty.

These are the things our Dad taught
me that I hold dear in my heart
and try my best to emulate.

A smile changes the whole world.


And your smile means the world to me.
Happy Birthday Dad.
I love you!

No comments: