Sunday, January 13, 2019

Cheesecake

Who IS this woman????

I'm teaching a pressure cooker demo class
Tuesday night for Relief Society.

I'm going to start with chili.
I'll get everything in the pot and get it started,
and then move on to hard boiled eggs.
They are quick.
And impressive.
And WAY better than traditionally boiled eggs.
(The whites are creamy instead of plastic.)

Then while the chili is finishing cooking,
we'll do some general information sharing
and questions and answers.

I have a hand out so people don't have 
to take notes.

Once the chili is done, we'll serve it up
with some rolls and cheesecake for desert.

I made two different cheesecakes.
One with sugar and one without.


I have a little bitty springform pan that fits
right in my 6 qt pressure cooker.


This is my sugar free one.
Just cut out two little slices so Rod and I could
give it a try.
Have to make sure it's good... 

And it IS!

Also, while I was making it, I was thinking...
why have I not made this before?
This is SOOO easy!
And quick!
The hardest part is letting it chill in the fridge
overnight.
AGONY.

My crust is just crunched up walnuts, but of course
you COULD use a traditional graham cracker crust.
I just haven't made any.
(although I saw a recipe for "on plan" graham crackers today...)
I really liked the walnut crust.

The cheesecake part is just cream cheese,
a little bit of sour cream, 2 eggs, sweetener and a pinch of salt.
Used my little hand held mixer.
And 35 minutes in the Instant Pot.

I can see these in our future...
(Kyle just came and swiped another piece of the
regular one...)

No comments: