Thursday, January 31, 2019

Still Having Fun

It is a little warmer today.
But still cold.
It's 2 in the afternoon and a whopping
65 on the patio.
Ugh.

Yesterday I made a nice big pot of chili.
In the Instant Pot, of course.

This morning I decided I needed to warm
up the house. So I picked a couple of things
to bake in my toaster oven.

Started with foccossia bread topped with that
yummy "everything bagel" seasoning.


Just had a little square with a bowl of chili.
I actually broke it into chunks and stirred it in.
Only because I was sitting on my couch
and it was too hard to eat it separate.
It was YUMMY!

As soon as that came out of the oven,
I put in a delicious cinnamon spice cake.
I made it last week and used my green eggs.
My "little girls" are still laying smaller eggs.
The recipe called for 2 large.
These weren't large enough.
The cake was dry.
Like powder, crumble dry.
The icing was out of this world though!

Today I used 3 eggs and upped the other
liquids just a bit and it's PERFECT!
I haven't iced it yet,
still waiting for my cream cheese to soften.
(Smells amazing though!)
  
Not sure how I broke the chunk out of my pan,
but it's been like that for a couple years...

So instead of a piece of cake for desert,
I had one of the little dough balls I made yesterday.
It was just the right amount of sweet
at the end of a very savory lunch.

No.
This is not going to become a food blog.
But this is what I'm doing in my life right now.

That and talking on the phone to Soni.
(While I was making the bread...)

I also bought a good hand mixer.
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE???
I'm going to toss all my stupid whisks!
(They get rusty anyway... hello humid Florida...)
SO easy!
This one is a Hamilton Beach.
$19 at WalMart.
It comes with a whisk and 2 regular beaters.
And a snap on thingie that corrals the chord
and beaters while it's being stored.
Brilliant!

Kind of looks like an iron!
It's not though.

And so much easier than pulling out my
Sunbeam stand mixer.
(Thanks M&D! I've had this for YEARS and
it still works like new... but recently its not
getting much love... grin)

Anyhow.
That's what I'm doing today,
That, and figuring out what T-Tapp workout
I want to focus on.
Tomorrow we start the annual 60 Day Challenge.
I've been doing a 15 minute walking workout
for the month of January,
and while it's quick and fun and helping my stamina,
it's not doing much in terms of shaping and sculpting.
So I'm evaluating my options.

No comments: