Friday, January 11, 2019

Food Prep

I did a little grocery shopping.

I know everybody does this,
but I always feel awesome when I do...
LOL

Bought a big bag of fancy shredded cheese.
Put it into 8 smaller zippie bags.
Stuck 7 of them in the freezer.

LOTS of butter and some possibly freezer burned bread.... lol

I hate opening a bag of cheese in the fridge
and finding it has gone bad.

This takes care of that issue.

I also buy a box of breakfast sausage from Sams.


They are individual patties, separated by a waxed paper.
But when I put them in the freezer they turn into a block
that is nearly impossible to use.

The last time I bought a box, I had a brilliant idea.
I generally use 2 patties at a time.
Usually I brown them and then add half a bag
of coleslaw mix (also from Sams - $1.98/bag).
It's DELICIOUS!
I have now discovered you can make this in
the Pressure Cooker in a fraction of the time
and it's actually tastier!

Anyhow.
Since I usually use them 2 at a time,
I individually packaged them.


Used those super cheap fold top sandwich bags
and put two patties in each bag. Then folded them in half
so they stack well.


Back in the box they go and all I need to do
is grab one little package.
30 seconds in the microwave and they are ready to go!


The box just goes into the freezer.

This time I pulled out some extras before I froze them.

I'll show you later what I did with them!

No comments: