Thursday, January 10, 2019

The State of the Freezers

Kyle's home.

He has been building a cattle working area.
But the wood he needs won't be ready
until Monday.
So he came home.

It's always fun when he is here.

We went to Sam's this morning to get some
groceries and then to his favorite store.
Lucky's Market.
He gets all his cleaning supplies there.
Like Mrs. Meyers, aluminum free deodorant,
that sort of stuff.

I bought a loaf of sprouted flour bread,
a bag of sprouted flour,
and a pineapple.
I spent $10.88.

He bought a bunch of cleaning stuff,
two magazines with recipes in them,
and some apple juice.
He spent $75.
Hahahahaha.

It was fun, though!
(Now he's gone to get some lunch because he didn't
want to make any of the recipes in his new books.)
They sounded good, but were more like "dinner" stuff.
And he needs to buy groceries.
We might try a recipe he found for flank steak.
I took one out of the freezer.

Speaking of taking meat out of the freezer,
I'm only buying perishables at the store these days.
We are eating down the freezer so we will have
room for all the meat we should be getting
in a couple of weeks.


The chest freezer is empty and open.
The stand up freezer is probably 1/3 full.
I have it all spread out so I can easily see what we have.
But if I shoved it all in there tight, it's less 
than half full.


On the top shelf there are 4 packages of ground beef.
But I am doing a Pressure Cooker demo at
Night Relief Society on Tuesday and I'm going
to make chili, so I'll need one of those...

There is also the last of the ground rabbit.
Most of the packages on the right are bones.
I'm going to take a couple of packages
down to the town and give them to the
girl who works there. She loves to make soup
and I'm getting a whole bunch of NEW bones soon.

There's a GIANT bag of blueberries, and a 
bunch of frozen cauliflower.
I love to use cauliflower in lots of things.
So I buy a bunch when they have it.
*WalMart is ALWAYS out...

A couple more packages of short ribs,
not my favorite cut of meat,
and a bunch of London Broils.
I didn't know what to do with them,
so I never cooked them.
I finally figured it out, but you can
only eat so much meat... 

And of course there is always random stuff.
A bunch of flour I use once a year in
Christmas baking. Left over from 2 years
ago since I didn't do any "off plan" baking
this year. I need 1/4 cup for the cheesecake
I'm going to make this afternoon in my
pressure cooker though.
I need to make a "regular" one to take to my demo
so people can see what is possible.
And Kyle LOVES cheesecake.
So this will be trial run.
And of course a couple of shelves of
frozen fruits and vegetables.

The freezer drawer in the kitchen freezer is
maybe half full.
(Mostly frozen okra, but considering I eat 
half a bag every day, that doesn't last long...)
And the top freezer on the pantry fridge is full,
but it's all nuts and baking supplies.
(almond flour, chia seeds, coconut flour,
ground golden flax, oat fiber, that sort of stuff...

I think we are good.

No comments: