Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Busy and Spoons!

I finished up the August class this past weekend.
I still have the tail end of a cold.
So pretty much lost my voice again Saturday.

Luckily the students do a midterm practice test
for an hour or so on Saturday morning
and I have them write in their workbooks for
a couple of hours in the afternoon.
(Several different times, not all together...)
So I did get to rest it a little.

Sunday my voice was a little better,
I stopped at the drug store after school and got
some throat lozenges (and trash bags)
and sucked on those most of the day.
It was a LONG day, since I had to give the final
but this group was SHARP and they were all done
by 8:30 which gave me 30 minutes to do all
the admin stuff I usually do between 9 and 9:30.
AND I got my first 100% score in awhile!
Out of 16 students who tested, 15 of them PASSED!
And the one who didn't got a 65%!
I was proud of them all.
Entered all the scores at 9:00 and was OUT!
It was wonderful!


I left town earlier than normal on Friday afternoon
(3:30 instead of 6:30 or 7)
and went to the little city of Okeechobee
where they have the BEST cow feed.
Loaded up my trunk with 300# of 
"Long Steer Grower".
The cows love it, it's putting lots of weight on them
and it is the least expensive I've found so far!
($8.35/50# bag!)
Spent $50.00! That should feed them for 
at least 2 weeks. Maybe even 3.

Anyhow.

Because of where Okeechobee is, I have to drive
30 miles into the center of the state and south
a little bit and then I thought I was going to have
to drive back to get on the Turnpike.
But NO!
There's a lovely country highway that runs
straight down to West Palm!
So the side trip only added about 25 miles total 
to my trip and hardly any extra time!
I'm TOTALLY doing this all the time!

Anyhow.

Yesterday I unloaded all 300# of feed and then drove 
in to town to get more feed for the horses.
Kyle headed to the ranch (by way of Linda's to get a
couple of cows to take north with him - he ended up
staying in town all week since he wasn't feeling much
better and Linda was keeping an eye on the one cow
since she had a runny "bunch"... love auto correct - 
we never DID find out what that meant... hahahah)

Cleaned the house, did the laundry, did all my 
school reports and rested.

This morning I fed everybody and then mowed the yard.
Now I'm heading back into town to get dog food.
And then I'll be heading north to the ranch to help Kyle.
Time for our monthly "weigh and spray".

So... spoons.
While Kyle was home sick over the weekend,
he got BORED. He can NOT sit still for a whole week.
So he went out back and found an interesting branch.


He carved his first spoon!


It has a natural "hump" in the handle which fits the
curve in my palm like it was custom designed!
I LOVE it!


It's not done yet - the bowl isn't finished.


But he is getting there!
(It's sitting on the bedside table he made years ago...)

Anyhow.

I'm pretty sure it is about a tablespoon...
so I might beg for it.
Birthday present?

Better get this show on the road.
But wanted to check in.

Have a great day!

No comments: