Thursday, September 26, 2019

Mini Waffles

I got a new toy! 
Uh, Tool!

Everybody on Trim Healthy has been
playing with the new Dash Mini Waffle Maker.
And I decided it was time to 
get on board with everybody else.

So I looked into it.

Amazon is on back order for 2-4 weeks.
Walmart had none.
Target (online) had none. I don't have
a Target near by so I never shop there...

I checked Bed, Bath & Beyond online.
They had ONE and its orange.
So I reserved it.
And then I drove over.
After paying for it, I decided to wander
around the store for awhile, since its
in town and I never get over there.

And I found an entire display, full of 
Dash Mini Waffle Makers!
Orange, Red and a beautiful Teal.
So I grabbed the pretty Teal one and
headed back to the front desk.
She swapped them out for me and then
I called Rod (since it was 3:30) and
we met at Steak 'N Shake (in the BBB
parking lot) for a quick late lunch after work.

It was NICE!

And then we went home.
And I pulled my fancy teal waffle maker
out of its box.
And it was a mini griddle.
NOT what I wanted, at all!

So...

Today I headed back over to BBB.
Sure enough, there were a dozen or so 
of the orange ones and 3 red.
So I grabbed the red one and took it back
up to the desk to make ANOTHER swap!

It's so tiny and cute!
That's a SALAD fork!

Glad I didn't keep the orange one though,
because she said they make
PUMPKIN shaped waffles.
Like, what are you supposed to do with that???


Anyhow.

Once I got it home, I whipped up a batch of
Wonderful Blender Waffles (THM)
and started cooking.


Makes a darling little, hamburger bun sized waffle.


Once I got 4 made, Rod came and filled them with
some egg salad for two yummy sandwiches.


I made 16 more.
Counting the 4 Rod ate, the one we tested together
and the one he snitched while he thought I wasn't
looking ... hahahaha, it made 2 dozen.

You stick 'em in the toaster (or the air fryer)
for a minute to crisp 'em up and then eat 'em up!
They make yummy sandwiches with all sorts
of fillings like the egg salad, ham and cheese,
eggs and sausage...
Or, you know, you could eat them like a waffle.
With maple syrup.

Whatever.

But I think it was $9.99 well spent.

1 comment:

rktucson said...

How about the recipe?