Monday, September 2, 2019

WalMart

So.....
I'm bored.

I decided to brave the grocery store.
Drove by Publix and it didn't look too bad.
But went on up the street to WalMart to
see what it looked like.
If it looked crazy I'd head back to Publix.

But it didn't look bad at all.
I even parked in my usual parking spot!

People inside were all smiling at each other,
being super extra polite.
The workers were keeping the shelves
well stocked - the only row I saw that was
cleaned out was the bread.
And they had just refilled half of them...
so there was plenty to go around.

There were LOTS of flats of water
with a 2 / household limit.
So I got 2.
And 2 more bags of ice.
And 2 bags of okra because... okra!
(I panic if I don't have at least 2 bags in
my freezer at all times... I eat half a bag
every morning for breakfast...)
And SIX canisters of sugar free drink mix.
(Rod and Kyle drink LOTS and will drink 
more if we lose power and its hot...)
And a jar of butter coconut oil.
Cuz I'm nearly out.
And that is a travesty.
And I keep forgetting to get some.

Then I got a bag of potatoes and carrots
for me and another set for Jim.
And got him some canned veggies.
(They don't have a generator)
(Half the water and ice is for his house)

Oh yeah, and some more salad, cherry tomatoes
and mushrooms since they were there...

It was hysterical watching other people's carts.

One man had a bag of ice and a case of beer.
A lady had a bag of baby carrots, a hand of bananas
and a small bag of onions.

Another guy had about 12 cases of pepsi and a 
couple of chocolate cake mixes.
Birthday party???

I was in and out in less than an hour.
Which is about normal.
On the way out I noticed the store was
filling up.
And they took down ALL the little
cart corrals - they had an army of guys
out there grabbing carts and bringing them 
back into the store.
Don't want those things crashing around out there.

While I was gone, Rod mowed the back yard.

So... we are sitting on the couch,
watching last week's Master Chef.

****************************************************
Storm update:
It is moving ONE MILE PER HOUR.
Good gravy.
It's breezy here - we are expecting random
feeder bands (rain) throughout the day
with the storm FINALLY coming some time
tomorrow morning-ish.
Still no idea how close to the coast it will be.
Or what the wind speed will be.
But we are all boarded up except for the
kitchen and patio - we need some light in here
and can get those up quickly when its time.

30%-40% chance of hurricane force winds.

I have emailed all my students.
I'll text my ministering sisters here in a bit.
I guess I'll read a book.
Or something.

No comments: