Thursday, September 19, 2019

Zap!

I had a bunch of errands to run this morning.
We had a "cold front" come through over night
and we have a lovely north wind that has 
cooled everything off and dropped the
humidity a bunch.
A lovely day!

So I opened my car windows AND my
sun roof!
And then I pulled up to the gate to let
myself out of the property.
Drove through and went back to close
the gate.
And got ZAPPED by a wasp!
I saw it land on my hand and sting me.
Right on my pointer finger knuckle.
(Where I have arthritis... little stinker!)

I keep a tin of Bountiful Balm in my purse,
so I immediately grabbed it and put some on.
It has plaintain and peppermint and is good
for various skin issues.
(It takes care of my cold sores in a HURRY!)

Anyhow.

I headed to Aldi's to get dog food for the week
and then across the street to WalMart for some
wasp spray (haha) and then home.
As soon as I walked in the door, they called
from the Town to tell me my paycheck was ready,
so I hopped back in the car and ran over.

I had Denine take a picture of my hands.


Its a bit swollen and super itchy.

Anyhow.
When I got home, Kyle phoned and we visited
for a little bit. I told him about my wasp sting
and he laughed at me.

He texted me about 15 minutes after we hung up.
He got stung by a wasp!
Right on his achilles tendon where his 
boot top hits it when he walks.

KARMA!

*********************************************

UPDATE:
The swelling is going down.
Denine marked it with a sharpie and its less
swollen than it was.
Still tight and hot, but getting better.
Which is good - cuz I needed to make a
giant blueberry pancake for Rod to eat for
his breakfasts. Poor guy ran out and I 
haven't made anything to replace it.
BAD WIFE!



1 comment:

rktucson said...

OUCH!!! hope it's feeling better now! I 'very much dislike' wasps