Tuesday, December 31, 2019

End of Year Sweep Up

Good bye 2019!
It's been a year.
Whew.

There have been ups, downs, and flats.
But always trending upwards?
At least I hope so...

Anyhow.
This isn't going to be a deep, introspective post.
Nope.
It's a jumble of random stuff.

Like... this is post #165 for the year!
Pretty prolific!
(Ahem... Rozann????)
My biggest year except 2012 with 182!
It's fun to go back and read them.
I've been hanging out in 2014 this morning.

I wonder if I can save them to a flash drive.
(Rozann???  Oh Guru of all things computer???)
It would be terrible to lose them.
Rozann printed off a BUNCH of them for me
and we bound them into a book,
but there isn't that much paper in the world.
(or ink...)

I participated in a T-Tapp 30 Day Holiday Challenge.
Yup - over the holidays.
Insane, I know... but actually brilliant!
It helped me to stay accountable.
This morning I did my final workout for
this 30 days, then Rod took pictures,
and I took my measurements.

DRUM ROLL.
I lost SIX INCHES (all over my body -
most spots were down 1/2 inch)
DURING CHRISTMAS!
I was pretty impressed!
And the best part - I did it using a
FOURTEEN MINUTE WORKOUT
and only did it 3 times a week!

So... I think that will be an easy habit to
continue with for 2020.
More on that tomorrow...


Random picture just for fun...
Loved Sondra's gift and the letter that went with it!
What a nice tribute to Mom and Dad!
(And a nice shirt to boot!)

Anyhow.

Today poor Rod is up and down the ladder again.
(I think he's looking forward to getting back to work
on Thursday... I'm working him to bits!)
Today he is repairing some damage on our roof
where some water was pooling / leaking and
rotted out some wood on the front of the house.
And as long as he has everything open,
he is repairing the flood lights he put up 15 years
ago but have never worked because the guy
we bought the house from was the King of
doing things wrong and there was no way to
actually hook them up.
So he is off to Lowe's to buy the correct box
and get them working.

Oh! And last night he fixed our pretty
front door lights as well!
I guess the theme this Christmas is LIGHT!
Our house looked really nice when we
came home last night.
(Five Guys for a YUMMY {expensive} burger!)
(And horse/cow feed...)

GRRRRRRRRR
Unrelated - but while I'm sitting here blogging,
I am also cooking frozen chicken breasts in my
pressure cooker (on the island on one power strip)
and making roasted chick peas in my air fryer
(on the kitchen counter on a different circuit.)
And my power strip keeps popping and my
IP turns off.
And I didn't notice.
It has happened several times in the past week
or so, I thought it might be because I had my
Crisp Lid plugged in to the same power strip.
Even though it was turned off.
So I unplugged it.
And it still popped.
Just popped AGAIN.
So I turned off the air fryer.
Let's see if that's it.
At this rate, lunch will NEVER be ready!
(The plan is chicken breast and a sweet potato
on a bed of romaine lettuce - organic from AZ...)
Fingers crossed... so far so good...

Anyhow... (again)

My cows are growing.
They are very good friends and almost always together.
(Bummer when one of them goes to the butcher
in a couple of months - but there will be a new calf
for the other one to play with / train...)


(We've had LOTS of rain lately...)


Charlie likes to lay all the way flat.
Jake was laying flat 1 second before the camera clicked.
They looked dead.
I'm ALWAYS afraid Charlie is dead.
He lays flat with his legs sticking out.
At least Jake usually has his legs tucked under
and his head up-ish...


Check out my piano-scape!
On the left we have the clock but the outside temp thing broke,
so the black square in front is a new outside temp thing.
And my brand new fancy flashlight to walk out to the barn with.
And my reindeer candle holders. (without candles because
they melt from year to year and I forget to buy new ones...)
Our buffalo lamp with Jim's choir stick and my Harry Potter
magic wand (thanks Soni!) laying at the base.
Then a yummy candle, the super cool storm glass Rozann
sent us this year (THANKS! we love it!) and the pine
smelling thingie Soni sent us last year.
A couple of wood cutting boards that somehow ended
up on the piano and my favorite picture of my cowboy.
I'm getting ready to put Christmas away, so the reindeer will go,
but the rest will stay. I love the pine smell all year long!
(And my Primary Penny picture Mom and Dad sent us
that lives on my piano because this house has no
empty spaces on the walls... lol)
(And I LIKE it there!)


In keeping with the "light" theme,
Rod made me a matching light this year.
He made the one on his side of the couch
last year, now we finally match!
I love them!
Which meant I had to move the lamp that
used to sit there...


So now it's over here in my blogging corner.
I love this lamp!
(Thanks Mom and Dad!)
(And the hat/bridle hanger is also a M&D gift!)

ACK!
The pressure cooker kicked off again!
So I unplugged it and carried it
over to the kitchen counter.
Maybe my power strip is broken???
Who knows.
But this is making me crazy.
And Rod is going to be HUNGRY
when he gets home...
So COOK ALREADY!
Sheesh.
It just came up to pressure... fingers crossed!

No comments: