Monday, October 19, 2020

Surprise!

 I went out to feed the animals this morning.

And guess what I found!!


New baby eggs!!!
I didn't expect the new girls to start laying until
late November or early December!
So I don't even have a nest box for them.
Guess I'd better build one!


At least one of the Americana's is laying as well because
there is a tiny blue/green egg Waaaaaay back in the far
corner of the duck enclosure (where the chickens are until
I let them out every morning...)


And another one Waaaaaaay in the front corner.
Not exactly sure how I'm going to get either of them...
Bring out a pool cue and roll them towards
the door? Maybe?

Hahahahahaha

Anyhow!

It's exciting news!
Especially since the majority of my layers are 
in the middle of their fall molt and I'm getting
an average of 2 dozen eggs a WEEK out of 8 chickens.
Sheesh.

I should probably also think about a nest box for Ethel.
The weather has cooled off a bit here and she
and Bob are living together...
So we should be seeing baby rabbits one of these days.

No comments: