Friday, March 11, 2022

Beau Boo Hoo

 Yesterday morning Beau was happy as a clam.
Bouncing around and smiling
and trying to not let me catch him.
(I had to work at the Town and Kyle has a big
job he is doing down in Vero...)
Beau knows when I put on EARRINGS I'm 
probably teaching and he runs and gets in
his special chair in the zoom room.

But if I put on long pants and SHOES and earrings
then I'm going OUT and he's going to have to
go into the garage in his crate.
So it's a dance.
Catch me... catch me....
and then I put on my serious "Lady" voice
and he just goes.
But he has fun pretending he doesn't have to.

When I got home from work, I let him out
into the back to run while I brought my stuff
inside the house. And when he returned I was
pretty sure he had rolled in something dead.
(A fairly common occurrence around here...)

P. U.!!!!!!

But then I realized he didn't roll in something stinky.
HE was the something stinky.
His right ear was red and draining.
And WOW! Stink-meister!

When Kyle got home we cleaned his ear out really well,
and then had to put his "cone of shame" on so he
wouldn't keep scratching.


He "loves" it.
Poor guy.


Trying to drink.
LOL.
Poor guy.
We took it off and let him get a drink.
And then put it on and sent him to his crate.
Cuz WOW!
He was still REALLY stinky.
But when he got up this morning and I took
off his cone, he didn't try to scratch at all,
so I left it off.

This morning I called and got a vet appointment at 9:00.
On the phone they said they would need a urine sample.
???????????????

When we got into the room the tech said
"So he's here today because he has some urine problems?"
Uh, no.
He has an EAR infection.

Ear / urine... ok.
So thankfully no sample needed.
But he does, in fact, have a 
nicely infected ear.

MANY dollars and 5 prescriptions later...
He gets steroid pills as well as antibiotics and 
a pain med, an ointment and an ear flush
for 21 days.
(I accidentally typed years... lol!)

He took his pills like a good boy.
(Wrapped in peanut butter)
(sometimes its a good thing he doesn't chew
he just swallows the good stuff whole.)

And now he is sleeping in his special chair.
Poor guy.

No comments: