Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Tucson Day 1 - The Adventure Begins

 The day started EARLY.
My alarm went off at 6.
And considering I generally get up at 8-ish,
that is considered early.
(Stay tuned… this is a vacation FULL of
early mornings…)

Kyle drove me uneventfully to the airport.
We got there nice and early - 8:15 for
my 11:30 flight.
Just as I was standing in the line at TSA I
got a notification that my flight was bumped
to 2:00 pm to Dallas.

Which means I miss my connecting flight.
Honestly, I pulled out my phone and checked out
flights with SouthWest. I could MAYBE make
one at 9:50, but it was a gamble.
So I stayed in line and once through TSA
(Not my best performance, forgot my phone
was in my back pocket…)
I headed to Special Services, where she got me on
my FIRST ever Stand-by flight.
I’ve never done that before!
It was exciting!

I sat next to a man who helped me with my bag
(I usually put it under the seat, but there was
room in the overhead bin, so why not…)
And then he immediately put his chin on his chest
and spent the majority of the flight sleeping.
I caught a quick nap and then read a book.
(Middle seat)

Landed in Dallas ahead of schedule and proceeded
to gate B5. And then was looking for some lunch
when I got a notification that my gate changed to D31.

Found the Skyline and headed to terminal D.
Found a McDonalds (another first - I haven’t eaten
McD in over 2 years! Used to eat breakfast there
on my way to school back when I was teaching live…)
It’s just like I remembered. But filling.

And here I sit, waiting for my flight to leave in about an hour.

So that’s the latest…
Stay tuned!

No comments: