Friday, April 8, 2022

HOME!

 As always, it was an adventure!

Starting with being EAAAARLY in the morning.
Poor Reid volunteered to drive me to the airport.
At 0:dark-30.
(3:30 am!!!)
Bless him!

We took the "scenic" route - and it worked 
VERY WELL!
(Not that there was a LOT of traffic at that
time of the night / morning, but it was 
pretty slick!)

Once there, I zipped through security with
no issues / problems. Tucson doesn't even
make you take your electronics out.
(And this time I didn't forget anything in my pockets.)

Off to my gate, got on the plane nice and 
easy. I was in a window seat and was the
first one there so I didn't have to displace anybody.

It was a nice flight.
I slept part of the way and read a book
for the rest of the flight into Dallas.

(I didn't take any pictures, the window was closed
since most people were still asleep...)

Once into Dallas it was a simple process to get to
my new gate - stopped at McDonalds on the way
for a bacon / egg / cheese McGriddle.
(I love those, my body doesn't, but whatever..... lol)

Sat for awhile and then got a notice that my 
gate was changed, so wandered down to the new gate.
Boarded the plane on time and as I was walking
to my seat (row 35 - next to last at the back of the plane)
the pilot came on and told us all to get off the plane.
There was a significant thunderstorm in Orlando
and they were holding us for awhile.
So, turn around and walk back off.
They moved us from 11:26 to 2:00.
But that's ok, I was reading a good book.

Once we finally re-boarded the plane 
(I paid for another window seat)
we taxied out and then he turned off the
engine and we sat there until after 3:00.

Finally got the all-clear signal and off we went!


I love flying over the Gulf of Mexico.
It is so pretty from the air!


As always, it was super humid in Florida.
You can't see it really well, but I've never seen the
contrail being created from the airplane before!
You see it on the ground all the time,
but it was drawing a line in the air,
coming from the flap on the wing!


My red line is a little low, but I was doing it on my phone
with my finger..... oops!

Anyhow!
It was neat!

I FINALLY made it to the ground in Orlando.
(Lots of turbulence, the pilot got a round of
applause when he got us stopped...)
And then, being the LAST row 
(and a family with two little twin boys
were on the LAST row so I let them go
ahead of me - I was literally the last one off
the plane except the flight attendants,  
and then fight through all the gazillion people
in the airport!
There were lots of delayed / cancelled flights,
so lots and lots and lots of people sitting around
waiting to finally fly out...
I got to the baggage claim area.

Called Kyle - he had JUST pulled into his parking spot.
(He got the last one left - on the roof!)
It was easier for me to walk to him than him try
to maneuver around all the other vehicles and
come get me, so I walked over (felt good after
sitting all those hours) and we headed home.

I am happy to be here.
My family (including Beau) was happy
to have me home.

And I'm (as always) looking forward to
my NEXT trip out west!

No comments: