Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Updates!

 Holy Toledo!

I was a whirl-wind yesterday.
I kept thinking I would take a minute
and post a blog, but then something ELSE
would happen and take my attention / time.

So let's see.
I started out the day by working out
(I'm starting a 2 week ARM challenge...)
and then showered, ate my quinoa breakfast
and then I headed to Sam's to get our groceries
for the week. ($185!!!)
But that included some meat for the
Freeze Dryer!

Then to Tractor Supply to get food for Buddy.

By the time I got home I needed to give
Beau his Ace (tranquilizer) so he didn't
bite the vet when she looks in his ears.

While I waited for that to kick in, 
I ate some lunch and put all the
groceries away.

And then I rolled five tubs of deli meat
and put it on the trays to go into
the Freeze Dryer.


I did 1 tray of roast beef,
2 trays of different kinds of ham
and 2 trays of different kinds of turkey.


Normally you pre-freeze everything for 12 to 24 hours
before putting it in the machine, but I didn't want to.
(grin)
The machine froze it for me in just 5 hours.

It took a total of 27 hours.
And it's DELICIOUS!

(I forgot to take a picture...)

I ate a piece of each and then we put one in a bowl
of water to rehydrate. It was AMAZING and only
took a minute for it to go right back to the original.


Put it all in mylar bags for us to nibble on.
And we will put some away for the future.

I have to set up a table at our Homemaking meeting
next week, so I'll take this with me.

Oh, we also did yogurt bites!
They are pretty good!

Then it was time to take Beau to the vet.
He was all wobbly and drugged out.
But he behaved very well.

And his ears are getting better.
I think (hope) we are on the mend.
He has one more visit in two weeks.
And that should be it.
WOW!
It has been a pricey little adventure.

Once we got home, I ate a quick dinner
and then it was time to teach my class.
20 students!

This morning I worked out again and then
headed to the Town.
They were happy to see me.
And my desk was less of a mess than
I was expecting, so that's good.

After work I headed home and Kyle and
I sat down at the computer and did his taxes.
Yikes!!!
Oh the joys of being a business owner.

And now?
I'm going to make some dinner,
feed the animals,
and watch a couple episodes of 
Master Chef Australia and head to bed!

No comments: