Saturday, August 20, 2022

Not Gone, Just Out of Town

 Wednesday I got a text asking me to
bounce down to Ft. Lauderdale
and teach a 4-day class!

I haven't taught a LIVE class since
July 2021 when I covered at the
same location.

I spent the rest of the afternoon
making all the necessary arrangements
and then taught my evening zoom.

Thursday I got packed, headed to the Town
for a couple of hours and then borrowed
Rod's fancy new truck and headed south.

It was a good drive.
Stopped in Delray Beach to meet the other
instructor, get the keys and some encouragement.

And then on to Margate.

I'm staying in a nice Hampton Inn.
There aren't a lot of restaurants right close by.
And I don't really want to be surrounded
by MORE people and noise...
so the first night I stopped at Publix
and bought some deli mac & cheese.

Last night I stopped at a chinese food place
in the same shopping complex and got some
orange chicken and fried rice,
(half is still in my fridge for Sunday night...).

Tonight I stopped at the SAME plaza and got
a subway sandwich.
I bought a couple of salads to take for
lunches and a box of frozen
ham, egg, cheese biscuits to heat up for
breakfast in my room.

Not going fancy this time around.

It's coming back. I noticed a couple of things
I forgot... but they aren't huge and the students
don't know ANYTHING, so they don't know
that I missed a couple of things.
They seem to be happy and enjoying the
class as much as you can enjoy
4 straight days of 10 hours each
on the subject of life insurance.

I have two more days.
And then Tuesday morning I'll get up and
head back north and straight into the Town.

And then, I might just go to bed for a week.
(Except I have to teach the morning class
on Wednesday.....)

I do kind of miss live class.
But there ARE advantages to zoom.

But this is fun.


No comments: