Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Productive Morning

 It was a busy and productive morning!

Yesterday I bought 5 rotisserie chickens
from Sam's. They are $4.98 each which
is cheaper than I could buy and cook them myself!

Anyhow, they were piping hot.
So once they cooled down,
I set up my little table and sat in the living
room in front of the TV and
picked all the meat off all 5.
The white meat went on a separate tray
from the dark meat.
We ended up with 3 white and 2 dark.


And into the freezer they went.

Then half the carcass and all the skin etc 
went into the pressure cooker for a 100 minute
pressure cook and an overnight "keep warm".

This morning I put the trays into the freeze dryer.
I've been using some of the dark meat I did
last month and it is SO yummy and SO convenient!
Because of the higher fat content, it won't last
for years and years, so I will likely be using it up
within the next year or so.

And then I bottled up the amazing bone broth!


Then the bones etc all went back into the pressure cooker
for a second round.
I'll pull off another couple of quarts of broth and
then the bones will be soft enough to squish 
with my fingers.
I will put the bones and a little broth into the food processor
and grind it up into a paste and add that to the
dog's food every day.
(Beau LOVES it!)

And THEN, I made 7 pretty little bottles of vanilla extract!


Aren't they darling?

And then, of course, I have MORE stuff lining up
to go into the freeze dryer next.


Bananas and mangos.
Two of our favorite things to eat.
Those don't last long.
Because we keep EATING them!

And then, I headed off to the Town to spend the day.

And now I have to hit a zoom call with the
company president.
Fun, fun, fun.

No comments: