Monday, January 9, 2023

Happy Monday!

 It's been a busy morning already.
Started with a quick breakfast of 
quinoa and some freeze dried peaches.
YUM.
A good carby breakfast to start the day.

Then I headed over to our new Elders Quorum
President's house for a quick meeting about
the state of ministering in our ward.

He gave me a really great compliment.
He is new to our ward, his family moved
in about 6 months ago.
He asked how long I had been RS Pres.
When I said since May, he said, oh, I keep
forgetting this is a new ward.
I thought you were going to say 4 years.
You really have a handle on this!

That was nice to hear!

I think we will work well together, 
we are both bottom line kind of people.
I don't need all the details, just give me
the highlights and the results.
Delegate. 
And then let them do their job.
Or not. And then don't swoop in to fix it.
HARD for both of us, but we are going
to hold each other accountable.
We both really really want to work on
helping people with their self reliance.
Temporal and spiritual.

Anyhow. 
It was a good meeting.

And then on the way home I stopped at the UPS store
and returned some protein powder I bought and didn't like.
When I tried to return it on Friday there was a line
OUT THE DOOR!
This morning there was no line (yet) so I got that
taken care of. 
And it is next door to a Publix grocery store, and I
only had one thing on my list today.
(We are trying to do a pantry/freezer challenge and
only use stuff from the pantry...) but I was OUT of
good Lawrey's season salt and that's a travesty.
I bought an off-brand last time and its nasty.
So I popped in to grab that.
And they had some good buy 1 get 1, so I also
grabbed a couple of cans of soup for my lunch
this week, and some sugar free apple sauce to
make a cake for our lunches, and some
sugar free raspberry vinaigrette for my salad.
So much for NO shopping. Hahahaha.
But if I had popped into Walmart (also next door)
who knows what other nonsense I might have bought.

So I'm calling that a win.

And on that note, I need to send notes to the
speakers from yesterday's Stake Conference,
finish setting up the February teaching schedule
for all my zoom teachers,
make hotel and rental car reservations for the
class I'm subbing at the end of the month,
and then have some lunch.

And then we'll see what's next.

Saturday, Dec 17. NEW PUPPY

Monday, Jan 2. DON'T BITE MY CHIN!

And she is MUCH bigger now, 1 week later.
She is all legs.
And teeth.

(He just came in from painting, so he is covered in paint
and he just took off his hat... so yeah, not a great picture. lol)

(Rozann - notice the horse hanging on my wall! 
I LOVE it!!!)

No comments: