Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Temple Trip

 They are getting ready to close our temple
for a couple of months while they do
some structural stuff (hurricanes etc...)
AND
Linda (Kyle's old boss, my friend, and the
Stake RS Pres) and I went to the temple
together this morning.
We have gone lots of times over the years.
We will miss getting to do that.
She is moving to the ranch full time in February.
And, of course, we are moving to Kansas.

Anyhow.
It was a lovely morning.
I drove over to her house and she drove to Orlando.
(She is an uncomfortable passenger so prefers
if she gets to drive her own vehicle...)

We made it to the 9:00 session with plenty of time
to spare and there were LOTS of people there.
Many of them from our stake.

After our session we hopped in the car and
headed straight back home again, got to her place
just after 12:00. (Would have been earlier, but
the highway was getting new paving so traffic was
a little slower than we anticipated...)

I borrowed Rod's new truck since mine doesn't
have a working defroster and it was pretty foggy
and moist this morning.
When I left her house I stopped by the airport to
swap out vehicles because by the time he gets off
work, it will again be foggy and moist and that's
just not safe.
And my guy needs to be SAFE!

Unfortunately, he forgot his key for the truck
and so he couldn't drive it.
I didn't know that until I got home and saw
the key hanging on the key rack or I would
have just left mine....
(And I knew he was busy inside an airplane
so I just dropped it off and sent a quick text.)

So, Kyle (who is home sick today but could
use some Vitamin SEA) and I went to the
beach (chilly, but beautiful) for an hour
while we shared one of those fabulous burritos
from Big Island Burrito.


And then when we were done and the sun wasn't
quite as strong and warm, we packed up and
headed back to the airport to drop off Rod's keys
so he wasn't stranded.

And then home to sit on the patio and enjoy
a little more sunshine.
(And eat a couple of fresh peas from the garden...)
And then I had to come inside and teach.

All-in-all a lovely day!

No comments: