Thursday, January 19, 2023

New Doors

 Poor Steve! (the door guy)

Once he got the doors off and started messing
with them, he discovered they were in
AWFUL shape.
Much worse than he expected.
So he sent Rod to Lowe's for a bucket of Bondo.

And then he got to work.
And he worked.
And he worked.
And he worked.


(gaping hole and Beau supervising...)


Gonna have a LOT of glass.

And at 2:00 he took a break and grabbed
a sandwich (and I let all the dogs out of their
crates for a potty break...)
And then it was right back to work!

He finally finished up at 4:45.
(He started at 9.)

The doors are much heavier than before.
I guess because they are mostly bondo.

But can I just say,
they are BEAUTIFUL!


Before.


After.
I should have taken a picture this morning
with the sunlight streaming in, but I was
busy trying to get ready to drive to Tampa.


We think it makes the house look a little more
up-to-date than those old rounded ones.

When I came out of my bedroom this morning I walked
into the living room and wondered why the doors
were open. They weren't, there was just 
SO. MUCH. LIGHT. it felt like they were open!

It's going to be wonderful!




No comments: