Friday, January 27, 2023

The Next Adventure

 Just picked up my newest rental car.
It's a little Nissan Rogue.
A compact SUV.
It's a nice vehicle!
Lots of room inside, BIG trunk space,
lots of head room and leg room....

But the stupid dash thingie won't show your
speed you are currently driving.
Instead it shows you AVERAGE speed.
A little freaky when you are sitting at a stop
light and the dash says you are going 34 mph.
WHAT?????

Kyle and I messed with it for a couple of minutes
and I finally gave up and changed it to show
what I'm listening to on Pandora instead.
Guess I'll just have to use the old fashioned
speedometer thing instead.
Sheesh.

Other than that though, it's pretty nice.

I'm heading off to Ormond Beach, which is
just inland of Daytona Beach.
There is a big race there this weekend, so getting
a hotel was pretty dicey.
I'm in a Days Inn.
Ugh.
But it was nearly $250 / night and that's my cap.
Everything else was starting at $350 - $500!!!
For a BED!

I remember when Motel 6 was $6!!!
And then we were all scandalized with they
started Motel 8!!! WHO was going to pay
eight dollars for a bed?????
HA!

Anyhow.
This is a two-weekend gig.
I'm training a new instructor.
I'll teach Saturday and then he's taking over,
so all I have to do is observe.
YAWN.
I have a good book.
(grin)


No comments: