Wednesday, January 18, 2023

I'm Baaaaaaaaack

 Well.
That was no fun.
It was "just" a cold, but it knocked me out.

Mostly I slept.
The old adage starve a fever, feed a cold kept
running through my brain, but I just
couldn't eat. Or drink.

I probably would have recovered quicker,
but I just couldn't.
So now I'm just dealing with the after-effects
of basically not eating or drinking for several
days and losing nearly 10 pounds in the process.
Not like it will stay off.
But whatever...

I went into the town yesterday, intending
to only stay for an hour or so,
but ended up doing my whole 5 hour shift.
And stopped at WalMart on the way home.
That was touch and go.
I grabbed a little deli bucket of warm 
chicken nuggets on my way in and munched
on them while I shopped to get some protein
into my system and that seemed to help.
But by the time I got to my truck I needed
a little rest.

Thankfully I'm doing a "freezer / pantry challenge"
and trying not to buy anything this month.
So I didn't need much.
My thyroid meds were ready to be picked up
and I'm going to be out of town this weekend,
so I grabbed a couple boxes of mac and cheese
and some beans and weenies.
Rod doesn't cook much when I'm not here.

This morning the patio door guy (friend of Rod's)
is here to fix the doors.

Here's a before.


Check back for an after!



No comments: