Sunday, June 24, 2012

TS Debby

It's summer in Florida.

Which means hurricane season.

Today we welcome Tropical Storm Debby.

She's bringing lots of rain, thunder and lightning, minimal wind.
(Gusts around 25 mph)


Her radar is fun to look at though.
Normally the radar of storms are cone or teardrop shaped.
Debby?
She's a bulls-eye.

Again, we are on the east side of the state, right below the little "nose".  
(Kennedy Space Center is in the nostril of the nose...)

She looks good "on paper".

Not really impressive in real life.
Pretty noisy while I was trying to teach my review class.
(At least we didn't lose power - there are no windows in my classroom, it gets DARK!)

And noisy enough that on the drive home I couldn't even hear my phone ring.
Sorry sweetheart!  Didn't mean to ignore your call!

The pasture is getting lots of needed water though.

Unfortunately, Rod is trying to deliver fuel.
Ugh.

No comments: