Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Happy September!

I read on another blog that September is the new January.
LOL

But I'm feeling it...
I've got several goals I'm working on this month.
I'll tell you about it some time.

But first, I decided to go back to batch cooking.
At least for Rod's lunches.

So Saturday we went to Aldi's and I bought 10 pounds of chicken breasts.
And then I cooked them.


I used my good ol' George Foreman.
It is a pain in the neck to clean.
But makes mass cooking chicken so much quicker and easier.



Once it was cooked, cooled and cut into bite-sized peices,
I weighed it and bagged it all in 4 oz packs.


We ended up with 24 bags of chicken, in two gallon sized bags in the freezer.
So now all he needs to do is grab one and stick it in his lunch box.

It felt so good to have that all done!
And to have my darling husband supplied with healthy protein.


Monday morning found us out on Turkey Creek.


This is us, all piled up around a log in the middle of the creek.
Waiting for this guy to get out of the way.


As Kyle went over the log he yelled
Manatee!
And stopped.
Parked basically ON the manatee's back.
If you look closely, you can see his/her nostrils peeking through the water just in front and to the left
of it's back.  (Head was turned...)

We sat and watched for awhile, until it swam under the log, under all of our boats, and
vanished.  So we decided to continue forward.

We later ran into a Mom and her calf.  The calf is much bigger than when Kyle and I saw them
last month.  Those are BIG animals!

Then we decided to "do the loop" again.
And there was the big guy again.

Since they "delight" in coming up under your kayak and rolling you,
we decided to go back the way we came
and enjoy the fabulous current brought on by the higher water levels.
(Thank you Hurricane Isaac!)



Being Labor Day, there were a BUNCH of people out enjoying the creek.
So we were surprised to see any manatee at all!
It was a wonderful morning.
And then Rod went to work.

Oh, and yesterday I got EIGHT eggs! 
(but one got broken/eaten - the shell was pretty thin...)
That's a first!
(And I sold 2 dozen on Friday...  Yippeee!)

No comments: