Sunday, September 22, 2013

Yum! Make This... SOON!

I promise, I'm NOT going to become a "foodie".

But if you haven't decided what to cook for dinner yet,
may I make a suggestion?

This is called
"Melt in Your Mouth Chicken"

I have no idea who to credit.
I saw it while wandering around on the internet
and visited about a gazillion sites.

Jotted it down in my notebook
for "some day" and then
decided to give it a try.
(Since I had everything in my pantry...)

HA!
Pantry!
That sounds so uptown.

But it sounds better than
"on the kitchen counter and in the fridge"
which is actually the case.

I've been doing a new way of eating.
It's not a diet.
It's a way of eating.

But as a result, I have lost 7.6 pounds 
and 11.25 inches

And Rod has lost 12 pounds
and who knows how many inches
(but his belly is shrinking...)

I "started" a month ago.
Rod joined me about 3 weeks ago.
(Kyle eats what we eat, but supplements with junk.)
(Like last week he ate a gallon of Blue Bell Ice Cream.)
(Must be nice to be 22 and weigh 6 pounds.)

Anyhow.
If nothing else, it is forcing me to cook.
And it's saving quite a bit of money.
Since I haven't had any soda or fast food
in a month.

Just not buying Sonic for breakfast and Wendy's for lunch
is saving gobs of $$$ a month!

So anyway...

Melt in Your Mouth Chicken.

1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup fat free Greek yogurt -plain
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Spread mixture over 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, 
bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes--
Absolutely Delish!

Yah, I take awesome pictures.
Wish you could smell this...

I served it with a side of spaghetti squash with butter
and a little parm cheese.

EASY.
And boy howdy, it's delicious!

1 comment:

Collette said...

This is an (E) (Energizing) meal. Found it again on FB, but not original poster...