Friday, January 31, 2014

Cravings

I love Diet Coke.
Can I just get that out there?

I don't love what it does to my body.
I don't love its ingredients.

But the taste?
I could live on the stuff.

But.

I quit drinking it.

I haven't had a Diet Coke (or any soda)
since mid-August.
(And no sugar or artificial sweetener since then either.)
(I do use Stevia - which is derived from a plant.)
(I do not consider it an artificial sweetener.)
(Your mileage may vary.)

Anyhow.
This is not a post about sweeteners.
If you want to talk sweeteners,
go to Facebook.
(grin)

This is a post about cravings.

I have conquered them.

I have a BIG bucket of chocolate candy
on the desk in front of me when I'm teaching.
(Snickers, KitKat, Milky Way.. the GOOD stuff)
I sometimes have to move it across the room
cuz I can't really stand the smell anymore.

I can smell french fries and not turn into a puddle.
(That one took a LONG time.)

I can SEE or SMELL Diet Coke in a McDonald's cup
and feel nothing.


A co-worker's desk this morning.
* Germaphobe much?  LOL
 But this????

Different co-workers' desk.
Thankfully she was relocated to another office today.
I can now walk by her office and not avert my eyes.

I don't care what's actually in it.
I see it.

Oh. My. Stinking. Heck.

Give me a Diet Coke.
NOW!

(It only lasts a moment, but sheesh!)

(Jim says its the ice - Sonic has the best ice.)
(But he's wrong.)
(I always drink everything without ice.)
(He might be right about the ice - I wouldn't know.)
(See above)

Meanwhile.
It is still raining.
It has now been raining for 3 days.
I am over it.

Enjoy your weekend!
(And praise be, the game doesn't start until AFTER class on Sunday!)
(I couldn't care less, but at least I don't have to battle my
students for their attention...)

No comments: