Friday, January 24, 2014

More Things That Make Me Smile

I'm a pretty happy person.
It is a choice I made years ago.
Regardless of what is going on around me,
I'm going to be happy.

Yah, once in awhile I have a down day.
Who doesn't?
But for the most part,
I choose to be happy.
It's easier.
(Being sad, whiney, grouchy is HARD WORK!)
(ha ha ha ha ha ha)
(Yup, my life motto is based on my lazy quotient.)

Anyhow.

Here are some MORE things that have been making me smile lately.

Years ago, our neighbor, Bill, painted his little house yellow.
Eeeeeeeeuuuuuuuwwww!
I thought (and probably said outloud)
"I would NEVER live in a yellow house!"
And then Rod and I bought that house.
And lived in it.
Yellow.
For nearly 10 years.

Over the Christmas break Rod had 10 days off.
He and Kyle worked really hard.
And the little yellow house is no more.


We now have a BEAUTIFUL little
soft brown house, with white trim.
I LOVE it!



It also has cute doors!


The boys asked if Rod and I posed for the "old people".
Ha ha ha.

And FINALLY a cute wall on our patio.
Nancy made the chili peppers
about 900 years ago.
She made a set for me and a set for Soni.
Somehow I ended up with Sondra's.
NO IDEA...
(I sort of remember bringing them home from her place in San Antonio.
Told ya' - 900 years ago!)
But I LOVE them!
They have been hanging on the posts for
several years,
but when I look up at the house from the barn
it looks like someone is sitting on my patio.
(they look like the back of somebody's head)
and it freaks me out every. single. time!

Rod bought me the neat welcome sign
this year for Christmas.
I love it!



Yesterday I got these alien things from the neighbors.



Ideas???
Who would guess it's cauliflower???
Its this bright green and all spikey looking
but tastes just like classic cauliflower.

I almost hate to cook it.
But I'm going to.
Tonight.
Cuz I LOVE eating steamed cauliflower.
Especially with cheese melted all over it.

The baby bunnies are getting big.
And darling.
(There are 4 of them)
But it's COLD out.
Yes, it's Florida.
But it's still COLD out.
(38 every morning for the past 3 days!!!)
So they are snuggled up in their nest.
(which means no pictures)
We need to build a new nest box TONIGHT.

Green Mama is due to have babies sometime this weekend.

My girls have names, but I can't keep them straight.
When they "kindle" I draw a Sharpie stripe on her head
to try and keep them straight.
Red is (I'm almost postive) the Mom of these 4.
Green is the Mom of the 3 who have been moved to the "grow out" hutch.
Green is due again this weekend.
Orange might be a dud.
Maybe she doesn't like the color orange?

My crockpot is Blue.
Wonder if she'll like THAT color.
(grin)

Have a toasty weekend!

1 comment:

Rozann said...

pretty funny post. love the part about the blue crockpot!