Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy Birthday Sondra!

Today is my big sister’s birthday.
I say Big Sister,
because I don’t want to say
OLD sister.

But she isn’t BIG either.

She is daughter #1.

She was the daughter Mom and Dad
cut their teeth on.

She was the first daughter to
go to school
Go on a date.
Get a driver’s license.
Get married.
Have a baby.

We are all grateful to her
for paving the way.

She has always been my shining light.
I’ve always looked up to her.
She introduced me to
Tolkein

I still read the trilogy every year.
And think of her every time.

She was reading The Two Towers.
The part with Golum.
We were laying on her bed, downstairs
And she forced me to come listen to her read out loud to me.
Then she got tired and asked me to read to her.
I read for awhile and then realized she was
SOUND ASLEEP!
But it was too late.
I was hooked.

SNEAKY!
(And I thank her!)

She has WAY better taste than I do.
I hope to someday have half her sense of style.
But I doubt it will ever happen.


She was also the first to have grandchildren.
She is an awesome Grandma!


She is an awesome Sister!


She is an awesome Friend!

And I love her.

Happy Birthday Soni!!!



No comments: