Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Merry Christmas!

There was a little miscommunication.

Rod decided to get me a small fridge for
our eggs.

He told Kyle.
Kyle told me.
I didn't WANT a small fridge
for our eggs.
(I'm picturing a SMALL fridge.)
(Like for a dorm room.)

So Kyle told Rod not to get it.
And he didn't.

After Christmas he explained what he
had planned to get me for Christmas.
And then I was sad.
(lol)

So.......

Fast(ish) forward 5 months.
Over the weekend there were a bunch
of Memorial Day sales.

So we went to Lowe's.
And found an 18.2 cu ft fridge.
For a GREAT price!

We bought it and brought it home.


We put it in the laundry room
where the tall freezer used to be.
(The tall freezer is now out in the tack room
next to the chest freezer.)
(empty)
(Waiting for a steer.)
(or ice cream)

We got it all set up.

And full.


That, right there, is 25.5 dozen eggs.
It took just under two hours to
wash and put into cartons.


Now I can collect the day's eggs
(usually around 4.5 or 5 dozen)
and wash them up and put them in
the fridge!
It should take about 15 minutes.

My back thanks Rod.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!!!!

Thank you darling!
I'm a little slow on the uptake.
But once you convince me,
I'm VERY happy!!!




3 comments:

Rod said...

Sheesh, you are a little slow on the uptake girl, but I am glad you like it.

Katie said...

Did you know you can change the hinges and handles so that fridge opens the other way INTO your room instead of the wall? It can change your life . . . .

Collette said...

Unfortunately, about 3 inches deeper into the room (where you can't see) is the laundry room door. It's not an ideal layout... I have to open the door into the room, then close the door, then open the fridge, get whatever I need, then close the fridge and open the door out of the room. I wonder if switching the doors around would help. I could close the room door all the way and then open the fridge... something to consider! Thanks!