Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Oops

Oops!
It is Wednesday already.
And I haven't done any blog posts!

Sorry about that!
I didn't fall off the earth.
I just got busy.
Ha!

I taught this weekend.
A much smaller class.
But a good one.
Except I'm pretty sure I got audited.

So I spent the entire afternoon on Sunday
going back over everything I did/said
to make sure I didn't mess up.
(I'm trying not to think about it anymore.)

Monday, I took the day off.
It was a beautiful spring day!
We've had 90's with 90+ humidity.
Summer in April.

But now that it's May, the humidity dropped
WAY down (after a TON of rain over the weekend)
and the high was only in the 80's.
Which is good.
Cuz we drove up to Samsula to get feed.
And the A/C in my truck is broken.

We couldn't just drive with the windows open
cuz I was reading out loud to the guys.
A CRAZY SCARY book called
One Second After
by William Forstchen.
About a small town in N.Carolina in the days,
weeks, months and year following an EMP strike.

The first time I read it, I found myself mentally
trying to figure out what to make for dinner
that didn't require electricity.
Ha ha ha

(And I decided to keep one rooster after all...)

Anyhow - we are enjoying reading it.
It really opens your eyes and is a good story
to boot!

We got our feed,
stopped for a burger,
and headed home.

Unloaded and then headed to Lowes to get
some wood to extend the height of the fences
in the chicken yard.
(See previous post)

While we were gone, Jim stopped by!
So we all hung out in the dog room/garage
and I read some more while they cut the
2 x 4's in half and we enjoyed the beautiful day.

Jim finally had to leave and we had to get to work.
Again.
So I read, while they installed the new posts.
Except the battery died on the drill.
And the other drill's battery was dead too.
Darn.

So we gathered up all the necessary stuff,
Kyle went into the house,
and Rod and I butchered our first rabbit.
(Last time Kyle shot them for me,
we tried a new method this time.)
(We will be going back to shooting.)
(ick!)

This was one of my does who doesn't
earn her keep.
BOY there was a ton of meat on that rabbit!
I put it in the pressure cooker with some
apple juice, water and seasonings.
After 45 minutes it was done.
TASTY, but still tough.
So I put it in the fridge and last night
put it BACK in the pressure cooker
and did it again.
It was "fall off the bone" tender!
(But by then, I'd already made dinner...)
(since I wasn't sure if that would work...)

After work I had an FDOT (Florida Dept of Transportation)
meeting over at the hospital about the
plans to widen the main road in our town.
Since our trail crosses that road, we as
the Trails and Greenways Committee are
very interested/involved in the process.
The meeting was shorter than we thought,
so I met Rod and we went upstairs to visit
a friend who had his appendix removed over the weekend.

Tonight is "wash eggs" night
and the guys have Scouts.
So we still don't have the fence finished
on the chicken yard.
But I think I'm going to let the
meat chickens out after work
and let them run around in the yard for awhile.
They are BIG (ready to butcher)
and boy howdy do they stink!
LOL
We need to get them out of the coop
and get in there with some lime/shavings.
Luckily we have a little tiller, should make
quick work of it.

Anyhow - its been a busy week so far!
Hope your's has been as well!

No comments: