Monday, March 1, 2021

Birth Announcement

 Yes.
This IS a Birth Announcement.

I have had my doubts about Bob and Ethel.


In fact, I've been considering sending them
to "freezer camp" and buying a new pair.
They just didn't seem to get the "breed like rabbits" memo.

We brought them home from Rural King 
back on APRIL 1, 2020!

But FINALLY!!!!!
Rod came in Saturday morning after feeding
the animals and announced 
WE HAVE BABIES!


I immediately went out to check on them and
although she pulled fur, I was a bit worried
because nobody had full bellies and one was
already dead.

I went into the house and thawed some of my 
kitten starter and grabbed my tiny baby bottle
and headed back outside to feed them if necessary.


But by then she had built them a nice little nest,
fed everybody and was resting.


Good job Mama Ethel!

She is a Silver Fox, Bob is... brown.
All 4 of the surviving babies are black.
And CUTE as baby bunnies.

ALERT...
Expect lots of baby bunny photos
in the coming days.

**************************************************

In other news,
my talk went well yesterday.
Thanks everybody for popping in!

And ALL the big things on my calendar have now
been checked OFF.
Today....
I have NOTHING!
I have already done all the paperwork for last week's
classes, emailed all my students,
done my blog (nearly)
and now I'm going to figure out what we need
at the grocery store and maybe Kyle and I will
go to the beach!

He has a property to go look at and give an estimate
this afternoon around 4:30 - I'll go with him to that.
He had an AMAZING month in February!!!
The first part of the month was a bit freaky for him.
He is used to WORKING all the time.
He was pretty busy the first couple of days of the month,
but then it dried up.
NOTHING.
For nearly 3 weeks.

But WHAM! The last few days he 
DOUBLED his income and actually almost 
made double what he made working at the ranch!
(And she paid him well!!!)
More on that tomorrow.
Maybe.

No comments: