Monday, March 22, 2021

Monday, Monday

 I feel like I didn't do anything over the weekend.

But actually we were fairly busy.

Saturday was CHILLY!
And we had our annual Town Spring Fest.


Our town manager took a picture of our booth for us.
Kyle brought his machine down and we
talked to lots of folks,
gave out a bunch of cards.

We interrupt this post for a quick rescue run...

******************

I'm back.

Kyle is out doing a job for the Town - mulching
a property line.
And he ran into some fence and it got wrapped
up around his mulcher head.

He called me to run to Lowe's and get him
a set of bolt cutters.
Once I got there, I found them and them called
him on a video chat so he could make sure I
got what he needed.
But by then another crew was out cutting
some trees and they had an angle grinder...
so they helped him out.
Whew!
I picked up a gallon of fish emulsion I needed
and now I'm back.

So....

Anyhow.
Saturday was the Springfest.
Then he and Rod went out to do a quote on a job
and then picked up all the boards and posts Kyle
needs to finish up our cattle facility this week.

Sunday was Branch Conference at a little town
2 hours away, so Rod and I drove over there in his
little car so I could meet with their Primary Presidency.
Nice little branch.
AND they provided us lunch!
So that was nice.

Sunday afternoon (after we drove home) I took a NAP.
Rod and Kyle did... something... I was sleeping.

This morning I got up and had a gazillion things
on my list to do today.
I'm making a dent.

1. Laundry.
2. Make a load of egg salad.
3. Hard boil the duck eggs for the dogs.
4. Get some dough started for some English Muffins.
5. Roast the last of the potatoes and make breakfast bowls for Rod.
6. Thaw some sausage and make a mess of lentil stew for Rod.
7. Another load of laundry.
8. Weed a bunch of decals for a client.
9. Get the English Muffins made.
10. Get ready to teach a review at 5:30.

So the laundry is about half done.
I made the egg salad.
I hard boiled and peeled the duck eggs.(A PAIN in the neck!)
The bread dough is started.


Luckily I hadn't started making the muffins when 
Kyle called cuz it's not a process you can interrupt.
They are on the counter, formed and rising now for 20 minutes.
So I'd better type faster.

The lentil stew is just finishing up.
I'm letting it simmer for a bit longer to dry it out
a little bit more.
Rod doesn't like "wet" lunches.
They sometimes leak in his lunch box and
NOBODY needs THAT nonsense!


Lentil / sweet potato / sausage stew.
(earlier in the process...)


HELP!
I got eggs in my eyes!
Hahahaha


Breakfast bowls are all done.
It's roasted potatoes with scrambled eggs and 
bacon and cheese on the top.
Quick and easy "grab and go" kind of breakfast.


I didn't get very many of the decals weeded yet,
but I'll work on them a little later.
If I have time.
First I need to eat something.
It's 4:00.
I've had a slice of banana bread.
Oops.

Oh yeah,
yesterday I made some banana bread.
First in a LONG time.


Right out of the oven.



It must be good because there is only one slice left.

Ok, the dinger went off.
Time to go finish the English Muffins!
Whew!

No comments: