Sunday, March 14, 2021

English Muffins

 So.
I was watching a YouTube yesterday and the guy
was making English Muffins.
But not with like 9,987,457 steps.

And I have all the stuff.

So I decided to give it a try.

Rod is out of food for the week,
so I was actually looking for ideas
of things to make for him.

I made a couple batches of corn muffins.
And a couple batches of blueberry muffins.
(Don't be TOO impressed, I used a Jiffy Box... lol)

And I made 10 English muffins!


Of course, then I had to TRY them.

So.
Plain white flour with only yeast and salt makes
for a really bland bread.
I added more salt...
but still a bit bland.

But fun.

And, of course, I had to EAT one.


I made it into a classic "Egg McMuffin".


And it was GOOD!

So I made a couple for Rod and I for breakfast.
This time I put some butter on them and toasted them.
It improved the flavor dramatically.

And now I'm heading into the kitchen to turn
the rest of them into breakfast sandwiches,
wrap them in wax paper, 
and toss them in the freezer
for a quick "heat and eat" breakfast.

It's going to be another busy week for me.
I teach Mon, Wed and Fri mornings from 9-1.
Then I work at the Town on Tues and Thurs.
And, of course, I teach my regular Tues & Thurs
evening orientation workshop.

Which means I'd best get in the kitchen
and start cooking.
(Yesterday I also made egg salad - which it turns
out we didn't need, so I fed it to the dogs 
for their breakfast this morning...)
and... something else... but I don't remember what.

And then I had to teach, so I called it quits
about 4 so I could rest up before class.
The guys were out on a job all day.

OH!
And I have a chuck roast in the pressure cooker,
but another one my YouTube ladies said she cooks
her roast in the Pressure Cooker for 60 minutes
(90 if its frozen solid) and then leaves it on
"keep warm" pretty well all day.
Kind of like using the slow cooker, but it
infuses the flavors better and doesn't make
the meat as mushy as the slow cooker does.
So I'm giving that a try with my LAST 
chuck roast.
(Looking a little sparse in my freezer....
I'm eyeing the cows.....)


No comments: