Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Happy Birthday to ME

 Happy Birthday to ME!

Hahahahahaha

Rod and Kyle are out on a job for a church.
(Rod has the rest of the week off....
the benefits of working for the university! YEA!)

I taught a class this morning for 4 hours.
But now I'm off until Friday morning.

Last week Kyle has been working HARD
on a birthday present I have been requesting
for YEARS.
Ever since he made one for himself.
I've been JEALOUS!


It was  TON of work.
He distressed the wood,
then stained it an "aging" stain,
then sanded it off,
then stained it Walnut, then
sanded and clear coated EACH piece.
Plus the top is all put together with dove joints.
The screws are sunk and capped.
It is an amazing piece of furniture.
And replaces the ugly black glass TV stand
I bought for him a billion years ago.

That thing gets dusty AS you are dusting it.

I'm SO excited to get this in
and get the TV on it,
but I'm not brave enough to move it on my own.
So I'll wait for the guys to get back.

I made myself a cheesecake in the pressure cooker
yesterday, so I'm going to make a chicken/cheese quesadilla
and then have a yummy (fingers crossed) piece of 
cheesecake and read a book!

Hope you are having a wonderful day prepping
for the Thanksgiving festivities tomorrow.
Jim and Sabrina are going to come over.
And we MIGHT go get a tree tonight and
decorate it tomorrow.
We'll see.
I have to teach Friday and Saturday mornings
so I'd like to get it done.


Beau and I are SO excited!


No comments: