Sunday, November 28, 2021

More Baby Chicks!

 One of the little boys in our ward had
to do a science project.

They chose to try to hatch chicks.

They asked if we could take some if they
were successful hatching them.

I said "sure".
I don't NEED more chicks but...

Anyhow.
They started with SEVENTY TWO EGGS!!!!
(Yikes!!!)

They did them in two batches.
In the first batch, 24 of them hatched, but
luckily another family in the ward took those.

The second batch wasn't nearly as successful.
They had an even dozen but one died last night.

This afternoon they brought them over to our place.


We got them all set up.
I have one "broody" hen who has been
sitting on eggs for a couple of weeks.
When we put the babies in the pen next door
she went NUTS!
Trying and trying to get in with them.
If she's still fussing later maybe I'll catch her
and put here in there and let her broody them.

But we'll see.
They are happy and catching her "sounds" easy...
Lolololol!

Anyhow.
I guess we are back in the baby chick business.
(Just glad I got eleven and NOT 72!)

No comments: