Thursday, November 18, 2021

Tractor Fun

 Yesterday after class Kyle and I headed out 
to the back pasture to seed the grass.

We have to hand seed, we have one of those
little whirly gig jobbies that you pour the
seed into and then walk up and down the
pasture and turn the little crank and seed
spits out in a big arc in front of you.

Which is awesome because you are walking
forward, INTO the stream of seed.
So it gets in your shirt.
But walking backwards looses its appeal
pretty quickly.

Anyhow.

We took turns spreading the seed and then
Kyle hooked the drag to the tractor
and 

I DROVE IT!

It was fun!


Kyle took a picture of me, but with the sun behind
me its hard to see...
And if you look closely, you can see
I had a little stow-away.
He was standing on my accelerator foot.
Made it awesome.


Should have taken a "before"
because then you can recognize the awesomeness of the "after".
Hahahahahahaha

Now we are just waiting for the promised 70% rain.
(It's 3 in the afternoon and nothing yet.....)

Rod says I'm a "real" farmer now.
Since I can drive the tractor.

Kyle says he's pretty sure butchering my own 
rabbits and chickens and keeping the horses,
and steers etc alive and thriving makes me a 
"real" farmer...
but hey... I'll take either or both!

~Real Farmer

No comments: