Monday, November 28, 2022

Back to Real Life

 The guys went back to work today.
And I went back to regular life.

Although I spent a good amount of the day
re-figuring ministering assignments.
There are 75 sisters identified as unassigned.
The ward is having a brunch on 12/10
and a special Christmas service on 12/25
and we want to invite ALL members to attend.
So we are trying to assign 2 (or 3) inactive / lost
members to each family to reach out to 
and invite them to join us.

But that means I have to figure out who lives
closest to these folks and which families
can reach out to them.
Meanwhile the EQ already assigned families
to the unassigned MEN (and a couple of the women).

I have several unmarried sisters, whether single,
divorced or widowed, but they don't have a
husband who would have been assigned by the EQ.

But MANY of them are elderly and driving around
to find a new family might not be something they
will be willing to do.
So... I'm trying to assign some sisters folks to visit
and other sisters folks to send a physical invitation
to through the mail. (I'm providing postage...)

Anyhow.
It's a HUGE project.
And they need to get the assignments out
to people no later than this Sunday.
And I'll be in Tampa.
So I have to have my part finished and
all organized before then.

We sort of started on this when we set up the
hurricane / emergency action plan zones.

But still!

So that's what I spent lots of the day doing.
And we have our first funeral.
So I've been coordinating with my compassionate
service counsellor to figure out a meal for after
the memorial. (I think we are just going to cater.)
We have a good bit of budget left, and there are
only 6 family members.
And it's Friday - which is coming up fast.
AND I will be out of town.

So.....

Anyhow.
That's what my day looked like.
I just finished teaching.
And I did a little online Christmas shopping.
Not much.
(And one of the things was for ME! hahahahaha.)

Anyhow.


Sunday afternoon Kyle and I went down to the beach
to watch a launch.
LOOK at the dunes!!!
We lost SO MUCH SAND to the hurricane!
That's the biggest dune cliff we've seen.
(It's probably 4 feet in most places!)


The beach is FLAT FLAT FLAT - and we saw people walking
all the way out to the last set of waves and were
still below their knees in water!


The launch was pretty though!


Lots of people came out to watch.
It was a bit chilly though.
We stayed for an hour and then
headed home.

No comments: