Friday, November 18, 2022

Tampa (again)

 I'm Baaaaaaaaaack.

This time I'm doing the 4-day in a row class.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday.

I drove over on Thursday afternoon.
Left my house at 12:15 and got here at 4:20.
I'll be testing students until 9pm on Monday night
so I'll stay the night and leave EARLY (5) on Tuesday.
Hoping the trip goes smoothly because I MUST
be at the church by 9:30 to pick up
the Thanksgiving turkeys from the
Bishop's storehouse for some members.

I have a couple of older gentlemen who 
might appreciate a meal, so we will
probably cook them for those guys,
but everybody else is on their own.

Anyhow.

Then.... while I was driving, my boss called
and asked how I liked the Tampa class and
how the drive was (brutal) and if I had any
interest in taking over the site.

I said no. And I'm not even sure I want to do
the Boynton Beach class I had already agreed to.

Bottom line, I would need to buy a car.
We don't want to put that many miles on Rod's
new truck since we might sell it before we move.
And I am just not interested in buying a car.

He said, so rent one.
I said, I tried! It was going to be $318 for 
ONE WEEKEND and I need it for two each month!
And he said, so? The company has to pay
for the rental AND the fuel.
Just keep receipts and the rental agreement.

Oh, by the way, stop staying in Days Inn.
Find a NICE hotel!
(Nightly rate cap is $250!!!!!)
So, yeah.

I'm going to teach the 2-weekend class in
December because he is desperate and I
am incapable of saying No.
And then starting in January, I'm going to do the 4-day.
The 3rd weekend each month, so it doesn't
interfere with RS (2nd and 4th Sundays).
And I get to rent a nice car.
And I get to stay in a nice hotel.
And I still have to do the brutal drive,
but books on tape make it less awful....

So.
2023, here we come!



No comments: