Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Thanksgiving Eve

 Goodness Gracious!

What a week this has been!

Started it out at the 4-day class in Tampa where 
we were having a cold front and I nearly
froze to DEATH!
Both outside AND inside the classroom!
I even went to WalMart and picked up a 
new sweater!


Cute, eh?
I'm s sucker for polka dots.
(And stripes.)

It was a good class.
And then I got up EARLY Tuesday morning
(4:30) and was on the road by 5.
Filled the gas tank right there across the
street from my hotel and then headed east.

It rained most of the drive back, but not a
hard rain, just enough to keep the wipers on.

Got back into town at 8:30.
Just enough time to stop by the house and unload
Rod's truck and then head over to the church
to meet the Bishop Storehouse truck.

They had 59 orders and some of them didn't make
it onto the truck. So after helping those who did get
their food and organizing what to do for the next day
I finally got out of there about 10:45. (The truck was
supposed to be there at 9:30 but got held up at the
Cocoa ward building so didn't get there until 10.)

Stopped at UPS on the way home to ship something
back to home office and then off to the house
to stick a turkey in the freezer and then do all my
paperwork for the class. And THEN headed to 
the office about 12:30 (after their lunch break.)

Since I was LATE I stayed until 5 and then
headed home.  Kyle went with Jim on a couple
house inspections (took the day off from FIT)
and so I got to visit with them for a minute.

Once I got home from work we fed the animals
and then headed over to Walmart to do the last
of the Thanksgiving shopping.
The shelves were looking a little bare!
There wasn't any milk, or cream, I got
one of the last tubs of sour cream...
looks like the dairy truck didn't make it.
So we went to the real grocery store next door
and picked up canned sweet potatoes and 
marshmallows. 

Then it was time for dinner and bed!
This morning I got up and headed back to the church
to pick up the rest of the missing turkeys.
Stopped by the house to drop them off
and then again to the town.
Once I got there, the Empty Nester group was
having their Friendsgiving meal at the church
at noon and the sister in charge texted and said
she couldn't get into the church.
Turns out she has a key (has had one for 2 years)
but never learned how to use it!
(You have to turn the key and then push a button...)
My counselor lives 2 blocks away so she went
over to let her in and showed her how the key works.

Meanwhile the sister's non-member husband, who Rod
has befriended was texting Rod that they couldn't get
into the church, so Rod was also texting me.
And then Wendy was texting me that NOBODY CAME.
But meanwhile our newest little elderly convert
was calling, concerned that she had her food
ready but just found out they were supposed to bring
a white-elephant gift, so I had to calm her down.
Told Wendy that I knew of at least 4 sisters who were
planning to attend.
Meanwhile Stewart was texting Rod that there was
nobody there and they were leaving and going home.
So Rod was texting me.
Meanwhile, I'm at work trying to help citizens
who are trying to get permits issued before the holiday.
AAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGG.
LOL.

So I left the town around 3:30.
And then I texted Wendy to see how it went.
And, sure enough, they had 14 show and had a lovely time.
(Until the end when little Barbara fell on the way out
and cut her head and they had to call an ambulance.)
I'll call and check on her tomorrow morning.

Home.
Made 4 tubs of dog food.
Read my book for a bit.
Came into the zoom room to start my evening class.
Glanced over at my zoom calendar.
I'm scheduled to teach MORNINGS this week.
OOPS!
So I visited with the night instructor for 20
minutes while we waited for students to show up.
And now I'm all caught up.
And I'm going to stick a pizza in the oven
and then I just might call it an early night.

Because tomorrow I will be OLD!!!!!!!!!

No comments: