Monday, November 7, 2022

Random Stuff

 This is what Kyle does when he's waiting
for them to cut more trees...


Silly man.

He was supposed to share some pictures he took
of a GIANT tree... I'll try to remember to get them tonight.


I followed this truck home from church yesterday.

The window sticker has an arrow and the words
"Position Open".
Hahahahaha.
I thought that was sad / funny / ingenious.
(I took the picture at a red light...)


The Elders helping clean out the storage unit.


Typical guys... lol.

They are all coming for dinner tonight.
I think I'm making Cowboy Grub.

And if I'm going to do that, I'd best get on it.
Gotta tidy the house (not that they will notice...
but hey, their Mom might ask... lol.)
I just finished teaching the morning session,
and then I did all the admin stuff, so now I'm
going to make some macaroni and cheese and then
tidy. 
(OK... really THIS is what I'm going to do...)


I'm nearly finished book #8.
(The final book in the series written by
my RS teacher, Trish Mercer.)

If you are looking for a good series to read,
check it out!
It's on Kindle Unlimited for free.
Or if you don't have Kindle Unlimited,
you can go to her website www.forestedgebooks.com

She says the book was a gift - she didn't write it.
It "wrote itself". She sat at her computer and 
typed as fast as she could because she wanted to
hear the story as much as the rest of us.
And because of that, she is giving it away as a gift.
You "can" purchase it on Amazon, but she 
donates all that $.

AND she sits in her walk-in closet of an evening
and is narrating it!!! It's available as a free audio book
through her website - you can download it and 
listen if you prefer.

It's about a mythical land - but very gospel centric.
Her premise was what did the gospel look like
on another planet - NOT earth where the Savior
reigned but didn't come personally?
And this was the outcome.

I found the first book a little slow, but I told
her I was reading it, so I couldn't quit.

And now I CAN'T quit.
(Just ask my poor husband!!)
I told her the other day I was really mad at her
because I'm having to stay up until 1 in the morning
and getting NOTHING done.
And it's all HER FAULT.
(grin)

She also wrote some really fun blog posts on her website.
A really insightful post about climbing Mt. Timp
before they moved away (again).

And now....
Off to finish the book.
(Not really, there's still 10 hours left according
to the little counter on my Kindle...)
And I'm GLAD!
It's one of those I want to hurry and read because
I want to hear the story, but I'm dreading finishing
because then it will be FINISHED.

No comments: