Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Wow. Just Wow.

 It's been a whirlwind and its still blowing.
HA!

Monday I drove back from Tampa and then
spent about 2 hours getting all the paperwork done.
Next, ran to Sam's and WalMart for some groceries
for us and some silverware for the church kitchen.
Home to put everything away, eat a quick lunch/dinner
and sit down to teach my night zoom.

Tuesday morning when I got to work, Denine
(my co-worker) wasn't there. She got sick on her
way to work, stopped at our fire department and the
chief put her on an ambulance to the hospital.
So I stayed and took care of everything until 5.

As I pulled into my driveway at 5 I remembered
we were having our first Homemaking for the year
and I was supposed to be there at 5:15 helping with
set-up, etc.
So I pulled back out of my driveway and
headed over to the church.

We had Friendsgiving with haystacks
(rice with a choice of about 25 toppings,
salad, and LOTS of yummy desserts...)
The cultural hall looked really nice.
And I didn't take a single picture!!
I wandered from table to table and visited
with most everyone who was there.
We generally get about 18 women in
Relief Society on Sunday and we had about
28 there last night, so we were pleased.
Everyone seemed to have a good time.
We had no theme, no lesson, no .... anything.
Just an opportunity to sit, visit, eat (carbs) and
RELAX before the busy season kicks off.
(Which is how it was advertised...)

We got everything finished and cleaned up
by a little after 8:00, so I headed home,
ate a bowl of cold cereal (I didn't eat much
because I was wandering / talking / etc...)
and then we headed off to bed.

Only to be awakened at 1:45 to watch the
Artemis rocket FINALLY launch. (try number 2,148,357... lol).
It was BEAUTIFUL.
And worth getting up for!
And then back to bed.

To get up and head back to the Town to cover
for Denine again. We are super busy right now,
between the usual new permits, end of fiscal year
and all the reports, and of course, the hurricane
put everything behind. 
We had quite a bit of damage to the many docks 
on our river coast, so I expect lots and lots of
dock permits to come in.
And we lost a big chunk out of one of our roads
that borders the river.
Not sure how we will pay to fix that... but I'm not
the Town Manager, so I will let him figure it out.
Poor guy.

Just left there, came home to do some more paperwork
for my classes last weekend and this upcoming one this
weekend, and then I need to get ready to start this
evening's class here in an hour.

So....
that's what I've been doing.
Whew!


Beau. All ready for Zoom.

No comments: